Searching the Globe: Seeking the Best Opportunities and Investments in Every Geography and Sector
Investments in real assets have continued to increase over the past few year and the trend is predicted to continue as investors look to diversify their portfolios as inflation heats up and markets continue to be volatile. With trade wars and the 2020 US elections, this could be the best time to look at the potential for real assets investments outside the US. But investors are looking for returns with minimal risks.
We hope you will be able to join us to explore these and more issues at our Global Real Assets Investment Forum on February 25-26, 2020 in Austin, TX.
J. Tyler Blickhan, Senior Investment Analyst, Ascension Investment Management
David Perl, Director of Infrastructure and Timberland, AIMCO
Lincoln Webb, Senior Vice President of Infrastructure & Renewable Resource Capital, BcIMC
Alistair Thistlethwaite, Director, Investments, California Institute of Technology
Harris Sibunruang, Director of Investments, Colby College
Catherine B. Ulozas, Chief Investment Officer, Drexel University
Terrance Davis, Portfolio Manager, Florida State Board of Administration
Colin Butterfield, Managing Director, Head of Natural Resources, Harvard Management Company
Caixia Ziegler, Managing Director, Real Assets, John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation
Jennifer Tom, Senior Asset Manager, Kamehameha Schools
Thomas M. Crescioli, Portfolio Manager, Commodities, Lockheed Martin Investment Management Company
Edward Mikolay, Director of Private Markets, Municipal Employees Retirement System of Michigan
Aaron Armstrong, Portfolio Manager, New Mexico Educational Retirement Board
Kevin Higgins, Portfolio Manager - Alternative Investments, State of New Jersey Division of Investments
Maurice Coleman, Deputy Chief Investment Officer, Teachers’ Retirement System of Louisiana
Eddie Schultz, Portfolio Manager, Real Assets, Texas Municipal Retirement System
John Ritter, Managing Director, University of California Endowment
Zackery McGuire, Director of Investments, University of Georgia Foundation
John J. Graves, Assistant Senior Investment Officer - Tangible Assets, Washington State Investment Board
The topics, as suggested by our Advisory Board, under consideration for the 2020 agenda include:
- How can you shift your real assets portfolio to being more defensive?
- The geographies and sectors to explore for emerging opportunities in real assets investing
- If inflation were to stir, which real assets will get hurt the worst?
- Are real assets investors just yield players?
- Is the PE energy model challenged?
- Uncovering dislocated opportunities in real assets
- What do public markets real asset strategies offer anymore?
- The growing reputational risks associated with some real assets investing
- Royalties, the new frontier of real assets
- Public v. private real estate: Where are the opportunities?
- Is Latin America the investment alternative to Asia?
- What’s version 2.0 for agriculture?
- Are technology and disruption blurring the lines between sectors and regions?
- Finding returns in metals & mining
BROOKFIELD ASSET MANAGEMENT INC.
COHEN & STEERS CAPITAL MANAGEMENT
THE ELECTRUM GROUP
MANULIFE INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT
METLIFE INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT
ORION RESOURCE PARTNERS
QUEENSLAND INVESTMENT CORPORATION (QIC)
WORLD GOLD COUNCIL
DUFF & PHELPS INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT CO.
SPROTT ASSET MANAGEMENT LP
Specialist Manager Sponsors:
TORTOISE CAPITAL ADVISORS, LLC
WARWICK INVESTMENT GROUP