When the world is burdened with uncertainty and volatility, making informed decisions is critical for your team and clients.
The annual Senior Delegates Roundtable (SDR) presents a valuable opportunity for AII members to come together and address the challenges posed by the current climate of unease and uncertainty in the financial world and asset management industry. This exclusive gathering serves as a platform for robust discussions, knowledge sharing, and collaborative problem-solving.
As French Philosopher Peter Abelard stated, persistent and frequent questioning is the master key of knowledge. This annual retreat encourages an environment that fosters curiosity and intellectual exploration. By asking critical questions, challenging assumptions, and seeking deeper insights, participants can collectively navigate the complexities and uncertainties of the industry.
During the event, we encourage you to actively participate, tap into your peers’ wealth of knowledge and experience and leverage their collective expertise. By sharing insights, best practices, and lessons learned, participants will have a chance to gain a broader perspective and identify innovative approaches to address current challenges.
In an environment of volatility and change, it is crucial to have a clear understanding of the competitive and macro landscapes. We will, once again, hear the key insights gleaned from our annual research surveys from Casey Quirk, who will speak about the Key Trends Currently Defining and Redefining the Asset Management Industry, and Kingsley Gate, who will be presenting survey results focusing on Talent and Compensation in a Volatile Environment. We are supplementing our annual thought leadership with some additional intelligence from McKinsey & Co, who will be focusing on the Long-Term Trends Facing Asset Owners and Managers. This analysis can inform strategic decisions and help identify areas where your firm can maintain or build a competitive edge.
Topics under consideration for the Roundtable agenda include:
· The New Generation of CEOs and CIOs are poised to have a significant impact on the asset management sector. Hear directly from these new leaders about their long-term vision.
· Decline by Status Quo? Who will benefit as allocators freeze their portfolios until the signals become clearer?
· The Countdown to November – As we, again, enter an election year, we will be hearing expert analysis on the candidates, the agenda and the political risks facing investors.
· How Are Technology, AI and Data Impacting and Enhancing Your Team and the Sector? CTOs from across the business world will be examining the landscape.
· Setting KPIs for your team to boost and incentivize fundraising
· Distribution and Investor Relations in the Age of Social Media – We will explore where institutional investors get their information online, what they pay attention to, how they evaluate a partner’s digital presence, and the impact of that analysis on their investment decisions.
· How Will Investors Change Their Investing Behavior as they freeze their portfolios and markets slow
· Portfolio Construction in 2024. As strategies and products have evolved and multiplied, the industry has become more complex. The question about who in an allocator’s team is responsible for what and who the ultimate decision maker is can vary. We will be taking a deep dive about where strategies and products fit into a portfolio today.
· Investment Consultant Think Tank – Leading investment consultants will be joining this year’s SDR and providing their commentary on the future of the sector, and how managers can take advantage of the volatile climate.
· Finally, members will be able to choose from two masterclasses led by leading academics.
2024 Alternative Investor Institute Advisory Board
Partner, Client and Product Solutions
Apollo Global Management
Balyasny Asset Management
Partner, Head of Client Partnership Group
Crestline Investors Inc
Co-Head of Sales and Relationship Management
The D. E. Shaw Group
Senior Managing Director, Head of Institutional Business Development
Kayne Anderson Capital Advisors, L.P.
Head of US Sales
Man Investments Inc.
Global Head of Distribution, Private Markets
Manulife Investment Management
Dimitrios N. Stathopoulos
Senior Managing Director, Head of Americas Institutional Advisory Services
Managing Director, Head of U.S. Public Client Practice
Managing Director and Head of the Client Partner Group
Sculptor Capital Management
Founder & CEO
Star Mountain Capital LLC
Global Head of Investor Relations
Waterfall Asset Management
For asset managers looking for more information, please contact:
Head of Sales, North America